Facebook event page
Bremerton Teen Center - Boys & Girls Clubs of South Puget Sound
3102 Wheaton Way, Bremerton, Washington 98310
***THERE IS A SEPARATE EVENT PAGE FOR YOU TO INVITE YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS & NEIGHBORS. THIS PAGE EXISTS ONLY TO SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER.****
On April 8, 2017, at 11am, we will be hosting a free Easter Egg Hunt and BBQ for our community at the Bremerton Teen Center. We normally average 800-1,000 people who attend our event. This is a great opportunity for us to connect with people in our community, get to know them, invite them to Easter, and bless them with great BBQ food. There will be an Easter Egg Hunt for kids (ages: crawlers to 3, 4-6 years, & 7-11 years old). There are many opportunities to serve and volunteer at this event. A few ways you can be supportive of this is by donating plastic Easter eggs and wrapped candy or serve on the day of this event. You can sign up to serve by commenting below (PLEASE SPECIFY HOW YOU CAN HELP) and all donations can be dropped off in the foyer on Sunday. Please also join us in praying that God brings salvation to many people this Easter season. Also, please pray for FANTASTIC Egg Hunt weather!!! :)
Sunday, April 2nd-12:30 PM (Right after 2nd Service)
Egg Stuffing & Organizing Party (Pizza will be provided, so your RSVP IS REQUIRED)
Friday, April 7th- 3 PM-5 PM
3:00PM: Arrive @ Coram Deo to load trucks with Egg Hunt items to take to Teen Center (everything prepared in advance)
345 PM-500 PM: Arrive @ Teen Center to unload items and do a partial set-up
Saturday April 8th -EGG HUNT DAY
8:00am-11 am: Arrive @ Teen Center for set-up
11 am: Egg Hunt Starts
11:30 am: Lunch
12:30 pm: Event “ends”, slowly start tearing down
1:00 pm: Clean-Up
1:30 pm: Pack items into truck
2:15 pm: Leave for Coram Deo Church
3:00 pm: Lock doors @ Coram Deo Church
Duties: Friday, APRIL 7TH-We ask that you arrive to Coram Deo Church by 3 pm.
Your responsibilities will be to help:
• Load Trucks @ Coram Deo
• Transport Items to Boys & Girls Club
Duties: Saturday, APRIL 8TH. -We ask that you arrive to the Teen Center by 8 am.
Your responsibilities will be to help:
• Move Totes & Tables to designated areas
• Set up Food Tables
• Set up Welcome Tents in designated area
• Set out plastic eggs in grass field
Tear Down Team:
Duties: We ask that you arrive to the Teen Center at 12:30 pm. Help in cleaning of the Teen Center and campus grounds after Event.
• Load totes & tables to trucks
• Transport to Coram Deo Church
• Take down all signs & the Egg Hunt Banner off of roadside fence
• Unload totes & tables to storage unit & classrooms
• Transport trash to designated dumpster
• Clean kitchen (wash all pans & utensils used, wipe down countertops, sweep floor)
• Clean eating area after event (clean tables, sweep & mop floors)
Duties: We ask you arrive to Teen Center by 8am. Your responsibilities will be to help in the preparing and serving of food & restocking food items during event. Also, help in any last minute decorating of room & tables.
• Set Up Kitchen
• Set Up BBQ area
• Set out Trash cans & recycle bins
• Set Up Food Tables with Food
• Prep Food
Welcome & Hospitality Team:
Duties: We ask you to arrive to Teen Center by 10 am. Your responsibilities will be to greet attendees and provide directions to Egg Hunt & Food Line.
• Answer questions about event
• Answer questions about church
• Hand out Easter invites, fliers, and Connect Cards
• Be a friendly presence
• Hand out Golden Egg prizes
Duties: We ask you arrive to the Teen Center by 10 am.
• Direct traffic to designated parking areas
• We will provide orange vests & walkie talkies for you.
Egg Hunt Team:
Duties: We ask that you arrive to the Teen Center by 8 am. Your responsibility will be to help facilitate the Hunt.
• Partition out Egg Hunt Area with cones/Streamers for the following age categories- Crawlers to 3 years; Ages 4-6 years; Ages 7-11 Years
• Set out Easter Eggs
• Hold Signs Up for Age Hunt Categories
• Have bins available after the Hunt & Gather plastic eggs from attendees
• Direct Golden Ticket Winners to Welcome Tent to claim prizes
• Direct Attendees to Food Area
Duties: We ask that you arrive to the Teen Center by 8 am. Your responsibility will be to help prepare & assemble table decorations PRIOR to Event day. On Event Day the following:
• Help in setting up tables in Food Area
• Cover tables with tableclothes provided (15 Round tables)
• Set Up table decor
1. I can help hand out fliers to businesses.
2. I can take last years plastic eggs home & find it's matching pair.
3. I have a truck that can haul egg hunt supplies on Friday, April 7th to the Teen Center.
4. I have a truck that can haul egg hunt supplies back to Coram Deo Church on Sat. April 8th.
Food Donations Needed:
• Small Water Bottles (Costco)
• Boxed Individual Bags of Chips (Costco)
• Large Bags of Wrapped Easter Candy (fits in egg)
• Watermelon (bought week of event)
* Large platters of Cookies from Costco (bought week of event)
Non-Food Donations Needed:
• Plastic Eggs FILLED with wrapped candy (Goal 10,000 eggs)
• Chinet 225 Count Plates (Costco)
• Forks (Costco)
• 240 count Vanity Fair Dinner Napkins (Costco)
• 16 Round White tablecloths
• 10 white rectangular tablecloths
30 Easter Prize Basket Donations
(please include all of the following items)
• Large Easter Basket w/ grass
• Chocolate Easter Bunny
• Easter Coloring Book
• 24 Pack crayons
• Bubbles/Bubble Wand
• Easter related stickers
• Small Easter Stuffed Animal
• Small toy (playdoh, chalk, small games, etc.)