Facebook event page
Brightwater Center - King County
22505 State Route 9 SE, Woodinville, Washington 98072
Education At Elevation ([email protected]
) is hosting a day of education, exploration, exercise and relaxation Mother's Day weekend. Our aim is to raise money to provide education, food, shelter, shoes for impoverished kids in a remote nomad village, as well as scholarship funds for two young Tibetan women seeking higher education in Eastern Tibet. Join us for yoga, speakers, delicious food, art and meditation, a perfect way to relax with Mom while giving back. Tickets are limited and funds go directly to our fundraising goals below, visit our website to purchase and thank you for supporting Education at Elevation!
May 13th, 2017 — 10am to 4pm
Woodinville, WA 98072
• Morning Tibetan blessing and meditation by special guest, Khenpo Jampa Rinpoche
• Many choices of classes to chose from. Two to three classes/sessions starting every hour
• Variety of areas: Fitness, Meditation, Holistic health, Massage, Wellness and Yoga
• Bring local communities together. To inspire a healthier lifestyle.
• Magic of Tibet slideshow- Take a journey with Daniel Winkler, M. Sc. exploring the culture, geography, flowers, people at the top of the world
• Tibetan and Indian specialty lunch. Vegetarian available.
• Shopping for Tibetan art, jewelry, flowers, specialty items
• Child care service (kid’s lunch available). Kids’ yoga. Kids’ art (making special art for mothers’ day)
• To celebrate Mother’s day weekend
Here are some of the classes offered:
The art of practicing Tibetan meditation – Khenpo Jampa Rinpoche – Sakya Monastery Abbot
Tibetan mushroom paradise. Learn about the caterpillar fungus that fuels Tibet’s economy with Daniel Winkler, M. Sc. – Mushroom Expert, Environmental Consultant
Yoga safety tips. Dr. Patti Shelton, MD. – Yoga teacher, and author of ‘The Yoga Doctor’ will teach you simple techniques that will help keep you moving pain-free for life.
More classes coming ……
$20 at the door (will get 10 tickets worth $2 each)
$16 Early-bird discount till April 16th, 2017
What would that get you?
Classes – 4 to 5 tickets per session
Child care while parent attending the event- 4 tickets per child. Kid’s lunch available
Drink and Lunch – 1 to 4 tickets
Limited tickets available. Get yours early TODAY to save!
• 35 Children for education in Tibetan, Mandarin languages and basic mathematics.
• Nomad girls and women: Tuition for 2 young women to attain education beyond high school.
• A safe haven for the 35 impoverished kids at the frozen land.
We invite you to join us and help us in any way you can. We need volunteers, sponsors and/or simply help to spread the words.