Facebook event page
Asian Counseling and Referral Service (ACRS)
3639 Martin Luther King Jr Way S, Seattle, Washington 98144
Come together as community on Wednesday, May 10, 2017, for an information forum on hate crimes against people and communities of color. There will be a panel of community representatives and other experts who will provide information on how to protect yourself and others, how to prevent hate crimes, and how to know when to report.
We the people are greater than fear! #StrongerTogether.
1. Bruce Miyake, Department of Justice
2. Detective Elizabeth Wareing, Seattle Police Department
3. Kripa Upadhyay, immigration attorney
4. Seattle Public School District
5. Nurhaliza Mohamath –17-year old Cham young woman who will relate an incident involving herself and other young people
6. A Somali community member with a personal story
Interpretation available in:
Light refreshments will be served. ACRS is accessible by bus route #106. The closest light rail stop is the Mt. Baker Station. There is free parking in the ACRS lot.
Sponsors of this event include: Asian Counseling and Referral Service (ACRS), India Association of Western Washington, InterIm Community Development Association, Coalition of Immigrants Refugees and Communities of Color, Refugee Women's Alliance (ReWA), Somali Family Safety Taskforce, Council on American Islamic Relations – WA, The Church Council of Greater Seattle, El Centro de la Raza, Horn Of Africa Services, Ethiopian Community in Seattle and Somali community services of Seattle.