Seattle, WA – Make Music Seattle's 3rd year participating in the Worldwide Event MAKE MUSIC DAY features the opportunity to observe and make free live music at all ages public venues across the city on the longest day of the year, June 21, 2017.
Planned activities at Westlake Park, 4th & Pine Streets include:
• Make Music Seattle: learn harmonica+ukelele from Champagne Sunday, lunchtime performance 11:30am-1:30pm, FREE HARMONICAS & lesson. Play a song by 2:30pm & be recorded!
• Open Mic — music performances. Register in advance, drop-ins invited. Https://matchseattle.makemusicday.org/.
• Make Music Seattle: Mo' Jam Presents all-Improv music jam at Westlake Park 5-7pm
• Make Music Seattle: The CoolOut Network «Clash of the MCs» at Westlake Park, 7-8:30pm
• An interactive booth hosted by The Art Institute of Seattle/ Audio Club — Art Institute of Seattle
Ever heard of BOOM.WACKERS.? We'll have them and want to make some noise together, a great way for young children to participate.
Video by The Coolout Network aka Coolout TV
Sound & DJ Services by Kevin Spindoctor Jones
Experimental drum prototype provided as backline by 101 Percussion.
ADDITIONAL MAKE MUSIC SEATTLE EVENTS
• Make Music Day at Music Works Northwest!, Bellevue; interactive activities all day
• Make Music Seattle: Youth Jam at School of Rock Seattle, 6-8pm
Make Music Seattle: Songwriters in Seattle at Kennelly Keys, 3-7pm
• Make Music Seattle: Vocal Lessons-The Vocalist Studio Belltown
JUNE 21, 2017: Make Music Day is a free celebration of music around the world always held on Summer Solstice, June 21st. Launched in 1982 in France as the Fête de la Musique, it is now held on the same day in more than 700 cities in 120 countries. Completely different from a typical music festival, Make Music is open to anyone who wants to take part. All of it is free and participatory for everyone, all ages and genres, all live performances, at multiple venues and public spaces. Make Music Seattle is a stage that’s open and welcome to everyone.
Although this celebration has been going on for over 30 years around the world, this is just the third year for Make Music Day in Seattle. Make Music Seattle, a local non-profit organization, was created in 2015 to celebrate music in Seattle, the City of Music. This year, 36 U.S. cities are organizing Make Music celebrations. Make Music Day is presented by the NAMM Foundation and coordinated by the nonprofit Make Music Alliance.
Sign up to participate as a performer or as a venue: matchseattle.makemusicday.org/
Contact: [email protected]
Made possible by Verity Credit Union, Seattle Parks and Recreation, Office of Arts & Culture Seattle, Seafair, American Music, and Gigs4U; with support from Downtown Seattle Association, Seattle Office of Film + Music and Seattle City of Music.