We now offer three unique wine tasting flights every Wednesday, each flight with a different theme and at a special price. This week, July 19th, our selections are:
— FEET UP ON THE PATIO ($15 — whites)
— perfect for the warm weather in the forecast for Wednesday!
* Hecht & Bannier / blend / Languedoc, France / 2015 / a neat Piquepoul-centric blend
* Bambinuto / Greco / Campania, Italy / 2012 / an obscure grape varietal...nice & bright
* Almquist Family Vintners / Semillon / Yakima Valley, Washington / 2015 / a traditional Bordeaux varietal...made 300 yards from The Barrel Thief!
— OFF THE BEATEN PATH ($15 — reds)
— no Cabernet or Merlot, here!
* Marionnet / Gamay / Touraine, Loire Valley, France / 2015 / lots going on in this one!
* Durigutti / Bonarda / Mendoza, Argentina / 2014 / dark & brooding
* Agnès de Cervera / Priorat / Spain / 2009 / deep & nicely aged
— THE THREE B's ($25 — reds)
— fancy-schmancy Italian juice
* Canalicchio / Brunello / Montalcino, Tuscany, Italy / 2011 / pure elegance
* La Bioca / Barbaresco / Piedmont, Italy / 2013 / earthy, structured, delicious
* Paolo Scavino / Barolo / Piedmont, Italy / 2012 / 100% from the Bricco Ambrogio vineyard
You can see that our focus, this week, is more obscure wines in the first two flights...come explore and find some new favorites! And what an amazing opportunity to try some premium Italians.
These flights are available all day on the 19th...just ask your server!