Put on your best costume and join us for a fun, fall-themed weekend at the Zoo. Come watch our animals enjoy special pumpkin enrichments and see how creative our keepers are at designing their jack-o-lanterns!
• 11:30 am — Watch polar bears nibble on icy treats
• 12:00 pm — See our talented divers practice their underwater pumpkin carving skills in the North Pacific Aquarium
• 12:00 pm – Watch a vulture soar at the Wild Wonders Outdoor Theater stage
• 12:30 pm — Tigers will devour pumpkin treats prepared just for them
• 12:45 pm – Primates in the Asian Forest Sanctuary will enjoy pumpkin treats
• 1:00 pm — Elephants will get pumpkin treats to smash and play with
• 1:30 pm – Get up close with creepy and crawly bugs at our Bugs Alive! program at the Discovery Hut
• 2:30 pm — See our talented divers practice their underwater pumpkin carving skills in the North Pacific Aquarium
• Guess the Pumpkin Weight: Stop by and make a guess, you could win a fantastic prize!
• Mystery Boxes: Some animals use their sense of touch to «see» their environment. Now it's your turn to try!
• All About Owls: Dissect an owl pellet and decipher whose hoot is whooose…
• Bump in the Night: Ever wondered «what was that animal sound?» Here's your chance to find out!
• Strike, You Win!: Test your skills at pumpkin bowling
• Spooky Spider Maze: Tilt and turn your marble as you create this spooky spider craft
• Weird and Wacky Smells: Use your savvy sniffer to demystify these weird and wacky smells.
NEW THIS YEAR — COMMUNITY SCULPTURE CONTEST!
Help us decorate the Zoo! Create your own Zoo Boo-themed sculpture inspired by our «Washed Ashore: Art to Save the Sea» exhibit. Get your family and friends together to build a sculpture out of recycled, reused or repurposed items that can be displayed during Zoo Boo. Visitors will vote on their favorite sculpture, and the winner will receive a Zoo Household Membership!
Learn more at pdza.org/zooboo.